I have come across numerous sources for some very interesting short health-related articles. Follows are a few of my tried-and-true favorites and others that have caught my eye:
- VitaminStuff – First on the list is an article on the benefits of chocolate!
- Prevention – By now you may have guessed that this website is my all-time favorite! It changes daily and is chock-full of interesting articles. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, or even start one, you’ll find the motivation you need here.
- Women’s Health Magazine – Another site always current in many issues concerning women’s health.
- Women’s Health Center at WebMD – WebMD is top-of-the-line! There is not a topic or question for which you can’t find an answer. Click on the “healthy living” tab for an staggering assortment of articles.
- Women’s Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – “The most reliable and current women’s health resource with information on more than 800 topics”… Their words – enough said!
- American Heart Association – A neat, intuitive site for living a heart-healthy lifestyle. An excerpt from their “nutrition fact” page on cholesterol, fiber, and oat bran reads, “Many commercial oat bran and wheat bran products (muffins, chips, waffles) actually contain very little bran. They may also be high in sodium, total fat, saturated fat and trans fat. We recommend reading the labels on all packaged foods.” Here at COTW we say by all means read our labels!
Take a look at these sites; they’re a great way to motivate and educate yourself!