Fluffy Meatloaf with Piquant Topping (Best Meatloaf Recipe)
This is perhaps the best meatloaf recipe you will come across.
Author: Susan Moore
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. sausage
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Cream of the West 7-grain (uncooked)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. each pepper, dry mustard, sage, celery salt and garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup catsup
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Heat over to 350°.
- Mix all but brown sugar, catsup, dry mustard and nutmeg together thoroughly.
- Place in an 8x12" glass baking dish or loaf pan.
- Create the piquant sauce by mixing together the brown sugar, catsup, dry mustard and nutmeg.
- Spread piquant sauce on top of meatloaf mixture.
- Bake 1½ hours. Serve hot or cold.