Cream of the West Tacos
Recipe from Cream of the West's "Cowboy Cookbook".
Author: Susan Moore
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: feeds 6
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- ½ cup Cream of the West Roasted Wheat Cereal
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. Chili powder
- Brown hamburger and onion. Drain.
- Add cereal, water, and seasonings.
- Simmer 30 minutes, or until desired thickness.
- Fill taco shells with meat mixture, shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and salsa.
- For burritos, add 1 can of pinto beans to meat mixture. Lay out 10-12 flour tortillas, top with meat/bean mixture and shredded cheddar cheese. Roll up the tortillas and serve with shredded lettuce and salsa.