Flapjack Zucchini Nut Muffins
Healthy muffin recipes from scratch are hard to come by. This one was developed by an excellent cook and young friend of Cream of the West.
Author: Dang, Thailand
Recipe type: Breads and Muffins
- 1½ c. Cream of the West "7-Grain Buttermilk Flapjack Mix"
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour (or 1 c. whole wheat flour and ½ c. all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. soybean oil (cooking oil)
- 2 c. grated zucchini
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbs. sour cream
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- ½ c. golden raisins
- Mix first six ingredients, set aside.
- Cream together sugar and eggs, gradually adding oil, then beating constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and vanilla, blend well.
- Fold in dry ingredients, sour cream, walnuts, and raisins, just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or bake in bread pan for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees. (Note from COTW: We make both muffins and bread from a single recipe. Makes 12 muffins and 1 loaf bread.)