Low Calorie Muffin Recipes: Wheat Muffins
This delicious low calorie muffin recipe makes muffins that are crammed with Cream of the West wheat cereal, bran cereal, and golden flax seed. Not too moist, they hold together beautifully and make a perfect and nutritious grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
Author: Susan Moore
Recipe type: Breads and Muffins
- 2 c. bran cereal
- ¼ c. Cream of the West Roasted Wheat Cereal
- ¼ c. golden flax seed
- 1⅜ c. milk, fat-free or 2%
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- pinch kosher salt
- Add bran cereal, wheat cereal, and flax seed to bowl. Cover with milk and let stand 2 minutes until bran cereal softens.
- Add egg and oil and mix well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix just until moistened.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. Fill cups with scant ¼ cup of batter (a muffin scoop works beautifully) and bake at 400 degrees 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Don't over bake. Serve warm or still good the next morning!