Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Chocoate Cookies (A Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe)
The smell of the treasures made from this healthy oatmeal cookie recipe will have your family running to the kitchen
Author: Susan Moore
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups flour (or more if dough is too soft)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ cups thick or medium-rolled oats (Roasted Ranch Oats works beautifully)
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, or bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add flour, baking soda, and oatmeal and mix until incorporated. Add up to another 2 tablespoons of flour if dough seems too sticky. Add chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated.
- Using a large ice-cream scoop, form dough into balls using about ¼ cup dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes, turn sheet around and bake for another 6-8 minutes until cookies are just barely brown and center is no longer squishy.
- Yield: 24 giant cookies