Sourdough Cream of the West Pancakes
Recipe from Cream of the West's "Cookbook of Country Favorites".
Author: Susan Moore
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup sourdough starter
- ½ cup Cream of the West Roasted Wheat cereal
- ⅜ cup warm water
- ¼ cup white flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- The night before, combine sourdough starter, Cream of the West Roasted Wheat cereal, warm water and white flour.
- In the morning, add the egg, dry milk powder and oil and mix well.
- Combine with the salt and baking soda and fold into the sourdough mixture carefully.
- The batter will rise and be bubbly - do not beat. Bake immediately on a very hot griddle.